PE GCSE grade 5 or a
Merit at BTEC Level 2 sport.
We also highly recommended that students are participating in Physical Activity outside of school.
The BTEC Level 3 qualification is designed to provide a specialist, work related vocational context to the sports industry. The course is run over two year with students completing 360 Guided Learning hours of study towards
the qualification and is the equivalent to 1 A Level.
The content of this qualification has been developed in consultation with academics to ensure that it supports progression to higher education. In addition, employers and professional bodies have been involved and consulted, in order to confirm that the content is also appropriate and consistent with current
practice for students choosing to enter employment directly in the sport sector.
The following mandatory units must be taken:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Wellbeing
- Professional Development in the Sport Industry.
In addition, students choose optional units from a range that has been designed to support
choices in progression to sport courses in HE. They cover content areas such as:
- Application of fitness testing
- Sport psychology
- Sports leadership.
All unites are assessed through written assignments and practical lessons.
- BA (Hons) in Sport Studies and Business, if taken alongside A Levels in Business and Mathematics
- BSC (Hons) in Sport Psychology, if taken alongside Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Applied Science and A Level in Psychology
- BA (Hons) in Sports Education and Special and Inclusive Education, if taken alongside an A Level in English Language and a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Performing Arts
- BA (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Science, if taken alongside a Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Applied Science.
PE teacher, Sport Scientist, Coach, Leisure Industry, Physiotherapist, Sports massage, Sports Injury, Sports management, Sports Administrator, Professional Sports Person.