The atmosphere in the Sixth Form is different from in the Academy. Students enjoy a greater degree of freedom and independence but, to make constructive use of it, must assume a greater degree of personal responsibility and maturity.
There is private study time built into individual programmes to assist students in the completion of homework, project work and individual research and students are expected to use this time positively. Effective use of this time is promoted through supervised study periods.
The range of courses and experiences offered to students in the Sixth Form has been designed to enable them to achieve academic success, further their progression needs and to provide opportunities to develop other skills and interests. Sixth Form education is about more than gaining qualifications. It is a time for personal development and fulfilment as well as preparation for higher education and employment. Our Sixth Form have a base in a purpose built study centre and are also integrated into the Academy.
Our vision for the Sixth Form is:
- To be the best we can be
- Happy and successful students
- Happy and successful staff
To achieve this, we have identified several key aims.
- To contribute to the personal, social and academic development of each student.
- To provide students with a learning environment that is supportive, stimulating and challenging.
- To encourage and assist students to develop an increasing sense of responsibility for their own learning.
- To provide students with appropriate information, advice, guidance and support for their individual progression needs.