Norfolk Academies holds ultimate responsibility for all decisions regarding the running of the individual Academies. However, it delegates some of the decisions to Academy Councils (AC's) to enable a more focused local control, though it remains legally responsible for standards across all Academies within the Multi Academy Trust (MAT).
Although the Academy Councils are constituted in an advisory capacity to the Norfolk Academies Board, they play a crucial and essential role in raising attainment and achievement of each Academy through:
- monitoring the academic performance of the Academy
- holding managers to account
- supporting Academy students and staff
Membership of an Academy Council consists of a Staff member, two Parent members and Independent members appointed by the Members of Norfolk Academies (including Transforming Education in Norfolk).
The membership of the Attleborough Academy Council Links are:
- Frances Harrod (Chair/Independent member/Safeguarding member)
- Shane Barnes (Vice Chair/Independent member/Safeguarding member)
- Neil McShane (Academy Principal)
- Sue Bisley (Elected Parent member)
- Sarah Reynolds (Elected Parent member)
- Alan Brighten (Elected Staff member)
- Daniel Howe-li-Rocchi (Independent member)
- Dick Palmer (Independent member)
- Edward Tyrer (Independent member)
Names in italics indicate resignation of member during the last twelve months.
For information relating to Norfolk Academies Annual Reports and Financial Statements, Norfolk Academies Value for Money Statements, Norfolk Academies Funding Agreement and Norfolk Academies Memorandum and Articles of Association please visit the Norfolk Academies website via the link provided below: